1. Food – so, much food. San Jose for dinner on Friday night, pizza at a birthday party for lunch on Saturday and dinner at Daddy Mac’s on Saturday night, then burgers at a birthday party on Sunday. Sunday also included the leftovers from Saturday nights dinner. I will say, Saturday’s dinner was not that great honestly. I got shrimp & grits and I have had better. It wasn’t bad enough though that I didn’t eat part of it for leftovers. I also had 1 beer, while someone else had 6 or 7.
2. Football. Lets just say the tweets from Saturday night say alot about my thoughts on the Carolina football game.
3. Waking up 2 mornings in a row to see Patrick sleeping next to me = priceless. Cannot say how much I love rolling over and seeing him there.
4. Spending a whole weekend not worrying about the whole house situation, or frantically looking up houses – also priceless. I think I am much more calm about everything now, much more so than before. It is what it is and I cannot change the fact that we are going to have to move in less than 2 months. So…I’m just going to suck it up, because really, what else can I really do?
5. Putting Patrick on an airplane on Sunday night after such an amazing weekend was hard, I am used to it, but it never gets easier. This is just one of three trips that are on the calendar for the next few months, although I suspect at least 1 or 2 more will get added before Christmas. The good part is, he is racking up the frequent flier miles, hotel points and rental car points too!
6. After I put him on the plane though, I did get to finish catching up on the Roosevelts documentary AND catch a new show I’ve been wanting to see. Madame Secretary was awesome! Tea Leoni did a wonderful job, and I am already looking forward to the plot twists that have begin to be revealed just from the series premiere. I also watched the season premiere of The Good Wife. I didn’t end up watching last season much, so I had to sort of piece stuff together as the show went on. Seems like it will be a good season!