So I’m a little late to this here shindig, but I’m determined that I’m going to do it. Don’t hate if I fail.
Today’s Topic is Ten Things that Make you really happy.
1. dance parties with my kids – we did this last night, and my 11 yr old may have gotten a video of me dancing & singing into a microphone to “22″ by Taylor Swift. Luckily the evidence of this lives on my phone, never to see the light of day.
2. Morning phone calls from Patrick. He started doing this back before we were officially dating, he would call me about 7:45am, right when he gets off the interstate to go to his workplace. We have it timed right, so that I have already dropped everyone off, and its our 5-15 minutes (depending on traffic) of uninterrupted “us” time. I laugh because its always the same questions/things we say – good morning, how did you sleep, do you have a crazy-busy day today, did you take B to school? I love, love, love these calls because it always sets my day off on the right foot. We’ve only ever argued once on these calls in the almost 3 months he’s been doing it – mostly we laugh and talk about our day. It never fails that the minute I hear his ringtone & see his picture on my phone – I get butterflies still.
3. my coworkers – because lets face it, we work with college athletes and there are days we just look around and think “what the hell are we doing here?” and say a curse word or two. I also love that we have our own little “sayings” now like “no he didnt” and “undergrads”.
4. my mama & daddy’s house – this is my peaceful place, my shelter and my “home”. It isn’t where I grew up, but this is their forever home. Close to the beach, and peaceful. Its standing on their porch and taking a deep breath of salty air.
5. talking to my nephew on the phone – he is one funny little kid, he’s 4 and his favorite thing to do is ask questions. He is the most polite kid I’ve ever met, and my brother and Lynsay have done an amazing job raising him so far. I look forward to watching him grow up and becoming a great man like his daddy.
6. the view outside my office windows – to one side I see the soccer fields & field house, to the other – Williams-Brice stadium. Its a symbol of this university, a place where I’ve so far in the 6 short months I’ve been here made a great memory with my kids, and a a great memory with Patrick. I look forward to many more memories in this place.
7. College football – lets just say I’m classy all year round, but the trash talk starts in August and won’t end until January. Thank you very much. #sorryimnotsorry
8. the skyline of Richmond, VA – my hometown – this makes me tear up, it makes me happy and it brings back many many memories.
9. country music – its the soundtrack to my life – seriously.
10. loving and being loved. #enoughsaid