Hey, friends! I am here to review Plated for ya’ll today!
I have received 1 box from Plated but I hope to order another soon!
Plated’s pricing when I ordered a few weeks ago was higher than Home Chef or Hello Fresh. Your box would be $71.94 if you paid full price. I paid $46.00 for my box because I had a coupon. The meals were delicious and easy and fun to make but I canceled my service due to price. Now they have come out with new pricing that is comparable to Home Chef and Hello Fresh (although still a little more). When I canceled they asked why in a survey and I stated the only reason was the price so I feel like they listen to their customers and take their feedback into consideration. I am excited to order from them under the new pricing model and see if the quality and portions are the same. The new pricing is for 2 meals for 2 people: $13.95, 3 meals for 2 people: $11.50, 4 meals for 2 people: $9.95. They also offer cheaper deals if you order for more people.
Your first night is free through their website as well. My box included the following meals:
1. Chicken Egg Rolls with Duck Sauce and Slaw.
2. Seared Steak with Crispy Parmesan Potatoes and Spinach.
3. Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Roasted Tomato Caesar Salad.
Pros of Plated:
- They offer 13 menu options
- Everything was fresh and we enjoyed all of our meals
- The portions are large
- The flavors are great
- The recipes are easy to follow and the timing of the meals are great
- It comes to your door! NO GROCERY STORE!
- You can customize the meals without losing flavor.
Cons of Plated:
- The pricing is a little high when I don’t feel you are getting anything extra. (With Terra’s Kitchen the pricing is higher than Home Chef or Hello Fresh but you are getting everything prepped for you and it comes in a mini fridge).
- The recipe cards don’t tell you how long the meals last in your fridge.
Praise and Critique of Meals:
- Chicken Egg Rolls: These were really good and super fun to make at home! I had never made egg rolls at home before but we both love spring or egg rolls when we go out for Asian. I had 1 less wrapper than they said but we still had plenty of food.
- Seared Steak: The parmesan potatoes that were a side for this meal were one of the greatest things I’ve ever tasted! They would be fabulous as an appetizer at a cocktail party or even at a tailgate! I couldn’t stop eating them! The spinach was so-so we would have preferred a fresh salad. The steak was good I’m still upset I have to eat steak well done because of this baby!
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken: This was my favorite meal! It was light and fresh and delicious! We really enjoyed it and it was something I would make again!
Remember to like my Facebook page Hardin’s Cook at Home for giveaways and tons of pictures and videos of the whole cooking process! So far I have given away 7 Hello Fresh boxes and 5 Graze boxes. I would love to answer any questions you have and help you with the process!
Happy Cooking Friends! I will be back next week to review another company!